The simplest way to authorize your friends to work with particular directories of your account is to create FTP subaccounts. An FTP subaccount is a combination of a username and a password, which gives full FTP permissions to a single directory, without giving access to the root directory, other directories or the control panel. No dedicated IP is required for FTP subaccounts.
To create a new FTP subaccount:* Go to your control panel home
* Click the FTP Manager icon
* At the bottom of the page that shows, find FTP sub-accounts and click the Add icon.
* On the next page, enter the FTP login and password that will be used by this other user, and the directory this user will be restricted to.
The directory must be relative to your home directory. If you leave the directory field empty, FTP sub-users will have access to your whole home directory.
Virtual FTP provides ampler possibilities than FTP sub-accounts. You can give your authorized Virtual FTP users access to more than one directory and specify a different set of permissions for each directory. Virtual FTP users log right into your root, but can enter only those directories you allow them to enter.The Virtual FTP functionality is only avaialable at linux-based servers.
how can we create Virtual FTP Access?
To provide Virtual FTP Access to a certain domain, do the following:* On your control panel home page, click the Domains icon
* If you have several domains, choose the one to enable virtual FTP for.
* On the page that appears, switch to dedicated IP. Click here to read about the difference between shared and dedicated IPs.
* Go back to your control panel home page and click the FTP Service icon. Enable FTP for this domain:
* Click the confirmation link to agree with the charges
* On the next page, add server name for the new virtual host. This name will appear in the welcome message when guest users connect to your server with FTP clients. Also, enter the e-mail address by which FTP users can reach you with questions or comments.
* Click the Edit icon for FTP for this domain
* Click the Add icon for Virtual FTP Users and create a new Virtual FTP User
Click the Add icon for Virtual FTP Directories and enter the name for the new Virtual FTP Directory